Saturday, November 10, 2012

Beginnings

I'm engaged.
Can you believe it? I think I'm still in shock, so don't feel bad if you are amazed too. It's a huge, wonderful, scary step. A new beginning for me. What will the future hold? I have no idea, but it sounds like fun to me!
Lately my fiance and I have been working on his house. It was once a disaster, but he bought it knowing what he could do with it. Now, it's gorgeous. The kitchen is nothing short of spectacular and we cut and stained our own wood trim.
So now I have been blind-sided by a marriage proposal from my best friend and am very suddenly immersed in wedding plans. We are shooting for a March wedding, so the mothers are pushing ahead full-force. Thankfully! I feel like a bug running around in a box with all these plans. Useless and goofy looking. So very glad to have these two wonderful women in my life.
And my bridesmaids! It was so much fun asking each one of them to do me the honor of standing up with me at my wedding. Their individual responses were priceless. My friend Kaitlyn gave a similar reaction to the one I'm sure I had when Jake asked me to marry him. Haha! It was awesome. I seriously cannot wait to have a blast with those girls. They are each a treasure to me and I'm so grateful for them.
Mom keeps telling me not to stress, things will all work out. Does anyone else think that a bride not stressing out seems impossible? But I see it as a glorious challenge! I will be that bride. Ha!
But in all honesty, I'm just better at things like collecting and naming various random bugs, like Stan the YellowJacket and Carl the StinkBug. Sid the Slug was a glorious find...till Jake stepped on him. (I'm still curious whether that was truly an "accident").
Anyway, getting shoved and squeezed into lacy, complicated contraptions like wedding dresses are miserable experiences in my opinion. The gown associate seemed personally offended that I didn't want to buy the entire store. But I'm not into the million dollar wedding stuff these women think is necessary. No thanks. I'll stick with my jeans, hoodie and books.
I don't even like flowers. They are pretty, but smell heinous. Besides being obnoxiously expensive, they are only decorative for a day then they die. Ok, I'll admit it...the reason I am so frugal is because I just see spending money on a truck as more practical. And a glorious library, but that's neither here nor there.
All in all, things are going well so far and I'm glad Jake loves me despite my weirdness. I can't wait to be married!

No comments:

Post a Comment