Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter weekend was great! A friend came to town to visit and we ran around like psychos all day Saturday, which was much-needed. Of all the adventures to have, the best are experienced with other people. I'm just so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life, they continually cheer me up and inspire me to write. Saturdays are usually so monotonous for me, so having one to spend with others doing whatever we want is a breath of fresh air for sure! We raided the local library, dug through old letters, sorted through poems that could be made into songs, and played an intense game of bull crap, which I won! (I attribute this to being a very honest player, or, at least, knowing when to lie and when to call someone else's bluff.)
I woke up Monday morning realizing that the semi-annual end-of-the-semester crunch time was upon me. All I see in the near future is homework. And rain. So much rain that my backyard is speedily turning into a grassy jungle. Which, I actually like. Maybe if I lay in the grass long enough no one will ever find me and force me to work ever again. Haha, until the goats are let out and ignorantly try to eat me along with the grass. Skittles. Back to the drawing board....
Thanks for reading and keep posted, more poetry is coming! Hope you all liked "Learning to deal with it". I wrote that one about a year ago. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment